CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 18, 2008

A Visit to the Doctor

Friday afternoon, Sunshine was watching a video when she called to me and told me her ear was hurting. I got a q-tip and cleaned some of the wax out (thinking it may be itching or something)and suggested that she lay on the couch with her sore ear on the couch and said that if it kept hurting she should come up and I would put ear drops in her ear. Less than half an hour later she came up and I put the drops in her ear, but she was so obviously miserable by then that I decided to take her to the doctor. It was after 5pm, so I took her to the urgent care. (Sometimes I wish they would leave us in the waiting room longer because they were showing a cute show and once we got into the office there was nothing to do but wait.) While we were waiting, Sunshine said she needed to go potty, so I took her to the bathroom. While we were gone, they gave our room to someone else. So, they gave us a different room, but I think that may have set us back because I think we waited for another 30 min. During that time, Sunshine started sobbing because her ear hurt so much. I had her lay her head on my lap and I sang to her, but it wasn't helping. She just cried and cried. Finally, I had her sit on my lap and we said a prayer that the pain would lessen and that the doctor would come in soon. I kind of expected the doc to walk in as soon as I said amen, but he didn't. I just held her and started singing Primary songs again and within a few seconds she stopped crying and fell asleep in my arms. 10-15 min later the doctor came in. She definitely had an ear infection and she had strep (which we had just taken meds for a few weeks ago), so we got another prescription. I am so thankful for answered prayers. For Sunshine to just stop crying like that and fall asleep...our prayer was definitely answered.

4 comments:

Cheri said...

That's not very fun. I hope that Sunshine feels better soon. Guess we won't be playing for a few days. LOL

Anonymous said...

Hope everyone is feeling better. What a wonderful experience to recognize an answer to our prayers. Thanks for sharing it. I think so often we don't stop and reflect on how our prayers are answered each and every time.

Kristi said...

My son Jonathan (11 months, he is the size of a 2 year old though, he is in the 90%), gets ear infections all the time. Every time he cuts a tooth, it'll go into an ear infection. My first son didn't have this problem. They are so painful. Your poor girl!

Laurie said...

Sweet story. The part about her singing Primary songs and then falling asleep. That sounds so much like my own daughters. I love it when they turn to the gospel to comfort them. This one left me wiping away tears.