Sunday night Buttercup (10yr old) came up about 5 min after we sent her to bed and said she threw up. Since it got in her hair, she went to take a shower and we made sure she had a bucket to sleep with. About 2 am Hubby and I started not feeling too well. Hubby threw up in the morning and I just felt yucky, achy, and weak all day (carrying Bug at all took all I had and 10 min. to recover!). We spent as much time sleeping and resting as possible with two well children still running around needing attention, as well as Buttercup asking us to do stuff for her since she didn't feel well. Fortunately we all felt better by Tuesday morning. It all lasted about 24 hrs. (Hey, the good thing is I lost 4 lbs, without having to throw up!)
The weather was beautiful Monday and Tuesday, so since we missed out on it Monday I wanted to make sure we enjoyed it Tuesday. First we went for a walk. I planned on it being a LONG walk since I needed the exercise, but not too much exertion (still a little week from being sick Monday). We ended up stopping at a neighbor's house and visiting with her, her daughter and her grandsons (the kids had fun playing together while we visited for about 30 min), then we just walked back home, so we only went about a block.
As a side note--Maybe I should tell you a little about my neighbor. She takes her dog on walks around the neighborhood a lot so that is mostly how I have gotten to know her. She was in a car accident quite awhile back (over a year ago, maybe 2-3). It has causes some neurological problems. She seems to be back to normal, to me, but she can't return to work and she is going to speech therapy because sometimes she has a hard time getting the words to come out her mouth, or call to mind certain words (I feel like I have those problems, too, so like I said, she seems to be back to normal--at least by my standards ;o) Anyway, she made a comment that I don't totally understand, so if you are in my ward and can help me figure it out, that would be great. When I saw her working in her yard I said hi and she said, "You didn't know you were an angel, did you?" and then said something about me talking to her at my door when I saw her out for a walk. I recall hearing her bear her testimony on Sunday, but I didn't hear what she said cause I was dealing with Bug (1yr old). I am wondering if she said something about me that I missed. Do you recall what she said? I just felt kind of dumb that I didn't know what she was talking about because she seemed to be referring to something I should have understood, and I hope I didn't make her feel dumb because I didn't acknowledge what she said. Does that make any sense?
Anyway, after our SHORT walk, we had lunch and then, since Hubby was home from work, Bug went down for a nap and Sunshine (4 yr old) and I went to the park with a friend. she has photos of our kids on her blog, if you want to check them out you can go to my favorite blog list and see It's Just Life Girl. (Sorry, I am still trying to figure out how to do links and photos.) We had a great time! I love to get out to the park, especially with friends! When I got home, another friend was at the little neighborhood park across the street, and Bug was awake, so I took him over to play. It was just a great day of being outside almost the entire day! I loved it. I really need to do that more often...I WILL do that more often...weather permitting;o)
Last night was the Pinewood Derby. That was a lot of fun. One of my Bears won first place (Silver Bolt)! Our friends' son took second (The King), and the Bishop's son took third (Utah Spirit). It worked out great because it went Bear, Wolf, Webelo, so one of each.
Today I am headed to the gym, although, the weather is still nice(storm coming tonight), maybe I should walk outside. We'll see.
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Update
Posted by Stop and smell the Daisies at 8:06 AM
Labels: cub scouts, friends, outside, park, Pinewood Derby
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
So glad you are feeling better. Being sick is never fun...especially as a mom. Isn't spring great. I love the refreshing feeling it gives and the excitement to be outside again and do those fun things again. Parks are definitely more fun with other moms to talk to and other kids for the kids to play with!
The flu is yucky! I'm glad you're feeling better! Any time out in the sun is a good thing. Enjoy the nice weather!
Post a Comment