We did it! We actually did it! All year (since January) my hubby has been looking for a new work vehicle...one that would carry all his equipment (tools) for work and still haul the whole family. In the last couple of days we have found several Suburbans on line that looked like they were priced right and had the features we wanted. Last night, after FHE, we left Buttercup in charge and went to the dealership. Well, we looked around and couldn't find the Suburban we had found on line...in fact, they didn't have any Suburbans. So, we left. As we pulled out of the dealership, instead of turning at the next street to head home, Hubby went straight. I asked him where we were going and he said he remembered the dealership had a "seconds lot" up the road. As we approached the intersection, he pointed the Suburban out. There it was! We pulled into the lot, got out for a look and up walked a salesman. We got to test drive it...SMOOTH! (Jomama, when you called, I was in the driver's seat!) It was SWEET! Leather seats, rear radio and AC with controls in the back (for the kids to enjoy--headphone jacks, too!)...three way climate control (I can set the temperature I want)...seats 8, (one more than my minivan)...when you speed up, the volume automatically goes up on the radio...the gas mileage is just about the same as my minivan, too, surprisingly. We were just so happy with how everything fell into place. We were even more happy about the deal when we found out that the Bluebook price on the Suburban was about $8,000 more than we paid for it! It has about 23000 miles on it, it's a 2007, and we are very excited! The only thing I don't like is having a car payment again. I'm sure we will pay it off early, though. This is the newest (and most expensive) vehicle we have ever purchased. I just can't believe we did it! I am so excited to take it on vacation! Maybe we will have to plan one for June, since our first one isn't planned until July (Biggs Family Reunion--California, here we come!). Jomama, don't be jealous, one day your van will really die and you can get a cool new car, too!
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
That is so wonderful that it all worked out for you. We had to bite the bullet almost a year ago because our van died after Joel had been fixing it and fixing it for almost a year. We hated the car payment thing too because we hadn't had one for over 8 years. We were blessed also when we found a great used van at a great price, etc...and like you...planned to pay it off way early and should be done with that in a couple months! We are so happy for you. I am sure the whole family will totally enjoy it! Congratulations again! When are you planning on coming for the reunion? Are you coming early or staying longer at all?
You're just lucky that I'm not the jealous type. Congrats on the car! My van, that just won't quit, is actually doing a lot better since we paid $500 to get it fixed. I'm just happy to have transportation, but on the other hand my van is literally an eye-sore. Hoping to someday be able to upgrade . . . but this thing has 9 lives!
Again grats on the sub!
We bought out sub about 2 years ago. LOVE IT! I won't go back to anything smaller again until my kids are gone. I remember feeling the same way as you just wrote about. Fun times! You'll love it! Hopefully gas prices quit going up soon.
Post a Comment