Buttercup's last day of school is June 5th, and I can't wait! I will be helping with a field trip on the 4th, which should be really fun, but I am getting so excited for school to get out. I am starting to think about summer schedules and how to plan time with and for my children. I want to be sure there is a good balance of structured time and unstructured time. Library day (they will have story time at our local library on Thursdays), field trip day (I figure one outing a week--zoo, museum, big park, mountains, etc), play groups (time for me to get together with my friends while they get together with theirs), of course we need chores to be done--I am pretty lax about chores during the school year, but I would like to be better about it while everyone is home all day.
Any ideas out there?
Friday, May 30, 2008
Almost Summer
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
I was thinking about that very thing today and wondering what on earth I was going to do with my 8 year old all summer. It is hard having my boys spaced out so far (8, and 11 months), he doesn't have anyone to play with in between. I am going to have to have some sort of game plan like you are talking about. Keep me posted if you come up with anything fabulous. I need all the help I can get.
Post a Comment