CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Please, Fence Me IN!

After more than 5 years (maybe 6), we finally have a fence around our yard again! It was one of those projects we kept saying we needed to do, but kept putting off because the money was used elsewhere. We finally ordered our fence and they put the posts in last Tuesday, and the fence up yesterday, minus one gate and the pole toppers, which they completed this morning! Over the last several years, we have survived without a fence, but a few days ago when Bug (nearly 2 yrs old) started opening the doors by himself and headed outside by himself, we were sure glad we had the fence ordered. When we found him two houses away, we were wishing we already had the fence.
Our kids need boundaries! WE need boundaries! This fence gives our kids some boundaries, which really gives them freedom! I have the freedom to let them invite friends over to play and not have to worry so much about the safety of not only my own kids, but my friends' kids, too. And they now have the freedom to play outside without having to wait for me to get done folding laundry, watching my favorite game show, or BLOGGING, before they can go out to play!

I am so glad we have boundaries in our lives...the commandments are great boundaries set by our Heavenly Father. When we keep inside those boundaries, and set our own boundaries within those the Lord has given us, we have so much more FREEDOM! Sometimes it's hard to see things that way, but it is so true! "Moderation in all things" is a good rule to follow when setting boundaries. I need to work on that.

I have so much to be grateful for today! Everything is falling into place...to me that means we must be doing something right. It just feels good!

3 comments:

Cheri said...

Congrats on the new car! and the Fence!!!!! I love having a fenced in yard. Then the kids can play outside without me. I'll have to drive by tomorrow and see it. :)

Kristi said...

We just got our fence fixed. Last year we had a wind storm that knocked it down. Fences are a good thing. You are now an SUV family eh? Good thing gas is so cheap these days. heh heh

Laurie said...

Oh! I'm so jealous. I'm still in the hoping stages of getting a fence.