Wow, tomorrow I am going to have several hours...all by myself...in my own house! No kids! No Hubby! What am I going to do with myself? I know what I would like to do...
I would love to lie around the house in my pjs all day, eating popcorn, ice cream and bon bons, while watching a whole movie all the way through with no interruptions (i.e. asking for drinks, needing a diaper change, asking me to move the car, talking to me during a really important line in the movie, making comments out loud during the movie, screaming and fighting, needing to run carpool...). (I think I have forgotten what that is like.)
OR, just meditating...listening to the silence and calm in my home.
OR, curl up on the couch or in my bed and read a book.
All of that sounds heavenly.
BUT, what I need to do is clean my house. Since I am always using the kids' interruptions (see above), as an excuse for not getting much done, I should probably clean, declutter and organize.
Pardon me while I think in print...
Hubby and kids will leave around 7:30am, and I have a Stake Enrichment activity at 11, that gives me about 3&1/2 hours. I will need to shower and get ready, that will take at least 30-45 min. So now I have 2&3/4 hours...Maybe if I spend a good, solid hour cleaning, right after they leave, then I can get ready and still have over an hour to relax and meditate...or take a nap...or start watching a movie (but then it will still be interrupted)...hhhhmmmmm.
Maybe I will just take the day as it comes, but then I will most likely not get anything done.
You know, 3~1/2 hours is just not enough time. I need to send my family away for at least 24 hours. Is that terrible to say? Alone time at the gym or the grocery store is nice, but alone time in my own house...priceless!
How can I miss you, if you won't go away?!?!?!?!?
Friday, April 25, 2008
What Will I Do With Myself???
Posted by Stop and smell the Daisies at 9:44 PM
Labels: alone time, clean, declutter, Family, grocery store, gym, home, movie, organize
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
What happened? LOL
Post a Comment