CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 21, 2008

Half-Hearted Ranting

You know, every night I think, "I am going to be early tonight!" And yet, every night I seem to be up until at least 10:30! What is up with that?
Tonight I am up making a news letter for my Bear Den. Yep, I am a Den Mother. I received the calling in January, and in true "Melissa Fashion" I was really on top of this calling for about 2-4 weeks. Had everything planned ahead, gathering activities, stuck with the theme, etc. Now, I have fallen into my typical procrastination routine, wondering the day before, or the day of the den meeting, "what am I going to do with 6 boys? What is the easiest thing I can have them pass off this week?" The problem is, eventually I am going to run out of EASY achievements that need no real preparation, and I am going to be left with all the complicated things, and then my procrastination is not going to work any more! Then what am I going to do? I guess I should stop procrastinating. That would be the answer. Gee, if only it were that easy. I would have stopped years ago, but NOOOO, changing bad habits has to be hard. Breaking good habits is as easy as skipping one day, but breaking bad habits takes days, weeks, months, and years of concentrated effort and then one slip up and you are back to square one! How unfair! You know what they say, "Life is a TEST!" If I don't get on the ball, I am going to flunk!

2 comments:

Jeri said...

"Life is a test...I'm going to flunk..." You and me both Babe!

I'm so glad you joined us in blog land. Just from reading your first couple posts, I predict that you'll be a BIG hit here! Very well written, inspiring and thought provoking posts. Great job! you are now on my blog roll. (I'm also very impressed that you managed 4 posts in 4 days. WOW! I find often that I go way too long between posts, simply because it is so hard for me to make the time. (I currently blame it on having a 4, 2, and 4 month old hanging on my all day)
about my spreadsheet.... what word processing software do you use? (Like open office, or word, or word perfect???) Let me know, because maybe I could copy my spreadsheet and email it to you, then you could just adapt it to your own needs. once you know the basics, it's pretty easy to do. (All I know is the BASIC basics, so I can't do anything tricky or fancy... but it's still working for me) Anyway - that's one giant comment, more like an email. talk to ya later)

Stop and smell the Daisies said...

Hi, Jeri, I use Word. I figured your chart would be Excel or something like that. If you will send me your spreadsheet, I will see if I can figure it out.
I know what you mean about kids hangin on you all day. My 4 yr old is here saying, "Mom, hurry up so I can play my game! You are taking for hours and hours and hours and hours and hours..."
Thanks!