CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Love Language

My Sis-in-law sent me this link to take a love language test. It's kind of interesting. http://www.afo.net/hftw-lovetest.asp I was like 40% Words of Affirmation and 27% Physical Touch. Some of them were really hard because I would value them equally. So, I think I am really more equal on the two mentioned above. I think my hubby and I are oppisites. I think he is visual and action where I am words and touch. They say, "opposites attract", I guess that is true in my case. I have had friends say they have never met a more opposite couple than we are. I like the way my hubby put it. "We are like two puzzle pieces...where one of us lacks, the other fills in." We complete each other. What I would like for us to do is "overlap" a little more in the love language department! LOL I often pray that I will be able to show love for my hubby in ways that he recognizes it as acts of love, and that I will recognize the acts of love he does for me. I know he loves me, but I don't think I always recognize how he shows me he loves me. As we learn about each other, more and more, I start to recognize his little acts of love. He really does so much for me. I hear other women complain that their hubbies don't help with the kids, or don't do anything around the house. My hubby does all the yard work, changes diapers, helps clean up after dinner, laundry, makes the bed (sometimes I do it, or sometimes we do it together, which is the best way), gets up first to get our dd up for school and lets me sleep in, takes out the trash, and keeps track of all the finances...He really is wonderful! I am so blessed! But, sometimes I forget to reconize all that as acts of love for me because I want compliments and cuddling. Wow, I need to be grateful for what I have. Some women would LOVE to have a man take care of them the way mine does me, and all I can do is whine that I don't get enough compliments...maybe I should do more to earn them. I give plenty of compliments to my husband and snuggle up to him in bed, hold his hand in public, but what he really wants is a clean house, for me to make him and our kids my priority, and for me to keep track of time (part of keeping our life a priority). I'm getting better in those areas, but I still have room for improvement. The key really is, to care enough about others that we learn their love language (this includes our kids as well as others not in our families), and show them love the way they will recognize it. I'll keep working on it!

0 comments: