CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Are We Really That Different?

I was sitting in my Gospel Doctrine class today. We were discussing Enos, Jerom, Omni, and Words of Mormon. Sometimes I get the impression when I read the scriptures that back then they had so many more daily miracles. We read of angels appearing all the time and prophets having visions...it just seems like I missed out on the days of miracles. Now, this was kind of my line of thinking as we were reading about the people being continually led by the Spirit, then I realized that things were probably not that much different then than they are now. I have had plenty of prayers answered and have felt the promptings of the Spirit (I am embarrassed to admit that I have not always heeded those promptings, but sometimes I do). I have heard stories of others having miracles happen to them, so I know the Lord's hand is still a constant in our lives, just as He was a constant in their lives. The saturation of miracles is because of the compilation of all the miracles of so many people, all being written in one book. At the time they may have thought miracles were few and far between. Perhaps I missed this scripture earlier. I think it fits us today.
And there are many among us who have many revelations, for they are not all stiffnecked. And as many as are not stiffnecked and have faith, have communion with the Holy Spirit, which maketh manifest unto the children of men, according to their faith.(Book of Mormon Jarom 1:4)
My job is to recognize the miracles in my life and write them down. Who knows, maybe one day my experiences will be compiled with yours and people will know how truly blessed we are in our day.

3 comments:

Cheri said...

Ok...you can't get philisophical on me already. Your going to out do me on the deep thinking. LOL.
Great insight and comments. Wo is me...I'll never keep up with such great thinking. LOL

Stop and smell the Daisies said...

But, Cheri, one of the reasons I started the blog was so I could share my wonderful insights with the world (as small as mine is), instead of talking to myself all the time! LOL.

Cheri said...

Ok...ok....better one of us be smart. Cause it aint me. I'm not too philisophical but I try hard.