CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 28, 2008

A Beautiful Day

Today I had the opportunity to go to the temple. My sis-in-law was receiving her endowment in preparation to be sealed to my brother on Saturday. It was a neat experience. She and my brother even got to be the witness couple (I've never seen a first time patron be part of the witness couple). What a rare, wonderful opportunity. My brother said he didn't even have to bribe anyone. ;o) My mother said that in 38 years of attending the temple she has only had that opportunity twice. I have had that opportunity 3 times in about 16 years of attending the temple. That should really make for a memorable experience...that and the fact that she is 8 months pregnant!

The weather was beautiful today, so I took my kids for a walk this afternoon and ended up at my friend Cheri's house. I always love visiting with her. She always has a smile and she just makes me laugh. Our kids enjoy playing together, so occasionally we get to visit while they play, but most of the time we just trade houses so we can "get stuff done"...visiting is much more fun. We should sluff off house work (or I should say, she should--I normally do) and visit more.

For FHE tonight my 10yr old had the lesson. She read a story in the FRIEND because she said it reminded her of the relationship between her sister and herself. It was kind of funny because she seemed to be admitting that she is sometimes a bully to her little sister. Of course, it does go both ways. Sometimes the 4 yr old is relentlessly irritating to her older sister.

Here is a question that may seem random after all I have written above...
How do you get kids to behave in church? My kids do not know how to sit up and be reverent. Even my 10 yr old is strewn out (lying down) on the bench. Shouldn't she be old enough to behave better than that? It is so frustrating that she is not a better example to her younger siblings. To be honest, I mostly let it go because as long as they are quiet...at least they are quiet and we can listen to the speakers, but quite honestly, it's embarrassing that she behaves that way. I just don't know what to do about it, but it really gives me a bad attitude toward her on Sundays. I really don't want it to be that way. Any ideas?

1 comments:

Cheri said...

Awwwwwwwww Shucks! LOL