I had an interesting experience today. I made the choice to be miserable. I allowed something to set me off and then one thing after another happened to add to my misery. I remembered a quote I heard, and I did a google search to find the exact quote...
"Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
~Abraham Lincoln~
As I thought about that quote, and the truth it holds, I literally made the decision that I was not ready to be happy. I wanted to cry and pout and be miserable, just a little longer. It was kind of a strange feeling. I had control and I CHOSE to be unhappy...why?...
The other day someone told me they could sense that I was depressed. I hadn't felt depressed, at least not for a while, but the idea was placed in my head. Then Friday I was introduced to a blog that was hilarious! I was laughing so hard I started to cry. As I was laughing there came brief moments where I would almost give in to the crying and felt like sobbing! Why would I feel that way? I was laughing! It was funny! Why did I feel like giving in and sobbing?!? It didn't make any sense. Then, on Saturday something happened and I got upset, but the day ended pretty well, and today I allowed something small to get to me, and that caused an avalanche of emotions and one thing after another just piled up until I was so upset I could hardly function. It might have been ok if I didn't have anywhere to go, but my choice to be miserable was more public than I would have preferred. I just kept apologizing to people for having a crappy attitude and did my best to keep it together when I needed to the most.
What have I gotten for my crying? Burning eyes. My eyes just burn and I want to go to sleep. I'm sure I will feel better tomorrow. In fact, I CHOOSE to be happy...tomorrow. Lif'e full of choices and hopefully my letting loose today will make the right choice easier tomorrow.
Don't worry, be happy!
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Choices
Posted by Stop and smell the Daisies at 6:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment