I had a question posed to me yesterday...well, not really a question but, I was informed that a question may come up in a gathering and I was told of this so I could prepare an answer to someone's question. (Is that vague enough? lol.) Anyway, it has given me cause to think about my testimony. It occured to me that the things others question, who do not have the fullness of the gospel in their lives, are easy for me to believe because of the foundation on which my testimony has grown. Someone else actually helped me realize that this is what I was thinking. I just kept thinking that I never questioned the reality of this doctrine (which I am sure I do not fully understand anyway, I just have a basic understanding of it).
Because I believe in God, and I believe the scriptures, which say we are created in the image of God and we are his children, and I believe that Joseph Smith really did see God the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, it is not hard for me to believe that I am a child of God, Jesus Christ is my brother, and that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ have ressurrected bodies of flesh and bone.
Because I believe all of that, I can also believe that Heavenly Father sent us here for a purpose...He has a plan for us. Part of that plan is that we will learn and grow and become more like our Savior, who is like His Father , and therefore, we may eventually become, even as they ARE. I have received this testimony so gradually, "line upon line, precept upon precept," so to speak, that it would be difficult to explain all that, in one setting, to the satisfaction of one who does not have that basic foundation. So, if it comes up...I'm not sure what I will say. I just hope the Spirit will lead me to say that which is essential. That which will lead them to desire to learn more. I pray that I may be an instrument.
Of course, it may not come up at all, but if it does, I hope I am ready.
Sunday, August 10, 2008
How Firm a Foundation
Posted by Stop and smell the Daisies at 8:13 AM
Labels: foundation, gospel, instrument, questions, testimony
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment