CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 10, 2008

A Bug in the Rain!

On Wednesday my Aunt and Uncle came to visit from California. My cousin (11 yrs old) had a ski camp in Park City, so before they headed up to Park City we went to IKEA to meet my mother for lunch. We had a nice time visiting with them. After that, they headed to Park City and my mother, my sister, 5 kids and I headed to Utah County so we could go to my cousin's Wedding Open House that evening. We had several hours to kill, so we took the kids to Mc D's for ice cream cones and to play in the play land. Then, after a couple more errands, we arrived 20 minutes early for the Open House, just in time for the Rain Storm to hit. Those were the biggest drops of rain I have ever seen! Someone pointed out that the rain looked like glitter falling from Heaven, the way the sun was shining through the clouds on the rain. It was really beautiful! They had been setting everything up for an out door event, but quickly changed the plans and moved indoors. BUT, Bug decided to play in the rain first. He just ran all over the patio, looking up at the sky and then looking down to blink the water out of his eyes. It was so cute! He was having a ball! He got absolutely DRENCHED! I got pretty wet myself, but nothing like he did. I was sure glad to have a change of clothes, (which he did NOT want to put on because he wanted to go back out in the rain) but I really wished I had taken my camera.

There is so much more to tell, but I will have to do so later!

2 comments:

Our Biggs Family said...

How fun. Water and kids are always a great combination!

Kristi said...

I have a lot of fond memories playing in the rain. Especially when the drains would get clogged in the streets and we'd ride our bikes through the huge puddles.