Well, most of my days have not gone as planned, but I guess that's Summer for ya! It's a good thing it's Summer and the schedule can be a little more relaxed.
One of the things we did, that kind of threw our schedule for a loop...after months (even years) of talking about it, the paint was purchased and Bug's room is now blue, instead of "Peptobismol pink" and Disney Princesses! One day Hubby just finally went out and bought the paint, and here we are! It's looking nice. It will be really nice when it is all dry and we can put all the stuff we moved to the living room back into the bedroom...I guess I should take this opportunity to organize and de-junk! Anyone want to come and help! :O)
With Bug being displaced from his bedroom for a few days, he has not been sleeping on his regular schedule. He does not want to go to sleep! So, I have had a couple of late nights/early mornings. So, after staying up til nearly 2am, I had to get up and take Sunshine to her swim lessons by 9am and then I was hosting book group at 10am. Buttercup stayed home with Bug, and he was none too happy to not have Mommy and Daddy home in the morning, so he was throwing all kinds of fits (they didn't really stop when I got home). I fought to get him dressed (I have to get pants on him or he will just lose the diaper altogether), all the while worrying about being ready for my book group. Since the living room is full of stuff from Bug's room, I planned to spread a blanket on the lawn and hold our meeting out there (fortunately, Buttercup is a HUGE help--she got the blanket out for me and even made cookies for refreshments). Well, 10am came and went and NO ONE came. I was a little disappointed, but at the same time relieved. Disappointed because I was really looking forward to book group (I had missed one because I was sick, and then they canceled the last one) and also because my morning had been stressful for no reason, but also a relief because now I could slow down and not worry about it.
Ok, I may need to cut this short, I just had another wave of vertigo and I am having a hard time typing because the room keeps moving...
Friday, June 13, 2008
My Week
Posted by Stop and smell the Daisies at 9:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
I love getting a room painted. It is fun to see the "dramatic" changes. Picking the right paint color is hard sometimes, but it is so rewarding when you finish it. H
Post a Comment