CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 20, 2008

Make the Most...

"The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the most of everything..."

My friend sent me an e-mail that had a story and then this quote at the bottom which I found very true! I find that I am the happiest when I am expressing the most gratitude--to my Heavenly Father, to my husband, to my children, to my friends, to my neighbors, and even to myself.

The other day I was reading the scriptures and came across this one (I want to have it posted in my front room in HUGE letters):
"And it came to pass that we lived after the manner of happiness."
(Book of Mormon 2 Nephi 5:27)

When I put forth the effort to truely appreciate all I already have, I have no need to wish I had more! I am so truely blessed! I believe that the happier we are, and the more gratitude we express, the more we are blessed--the more good comes our way. Sometimes it is just perception (my friend, Heather, wrote a great blog about perception). How we perceive things IS our reality! It doesn't really matter how things really are, what matters is how we perceive it is! So, if we focus on seeing the good in everything and everyone, GOOD will be our reality and we will see GREAT things happen in our lives!

So, my advice is---"MAKE THE MOST OF EVERYTHING!"

4 comments:

ShellyH said...

wow, this is a very powerful post with so much meaning! Thanks so much for sharing and posting this, I really needed to be reminded of this today.

Kristi said...

Amen!! I couldn't agree more. Thanks!

Heather said...

Well the law of attraction has been at work again. I was looking for that scripture last week and couldn't find it, but I knew that I'd read it many times before. So you've answered my unvoiced prayer to know exactly where it was.
I think also living after the manner of happiness is to make healthy, happy choices. I've noticed that when I'm depressed, I don't make choices that would make my life easier and/or more joyful. I usually have to give myself the "buck-up-little-buckaroo" talk and remind myself that happy people engage in happy practices. They take care of themselves, they take care of others and they are obediant to God. There just isn't another way.
I believe that a person may be clinically depressed or have totally screwed up hormones in their body, but still make decisions that would improve their lot. There are many things that we can do to help ourselves acheive a state of gladness.
(I could go on an on about this one because I've thought about it a lot. We'll yack later in person about it.)

Melanie said...

The principle of freedom is powerful. I truly believe it is a choice to be happy and we are blessed for it. Thank you for the post; lifitn' my day!