That was the theme of our Family Reunion this year! I loved it! I really love the Biggs Family Reunions! They are a highlight of my life...every year since I was 8 (starting with my Uncle Guy's wedding in 1979). Because of the reunions I have been to Arizona, Oregon, Southern California, Northern California, Idaho, Colorado and Utah. Most reunions are tent camping, but we have also stayed in cabins, hotels, and they even went to a beach house (I was on my mission, so I missed that one). Some of my favorite memories from when I was young...
Flashlight Tag with Uncle Scott (I think we were in the Redwood Forest)
Swimming (in Granny's pool and Uncle Ladd & Aunt Sharon's)
Trouble Maker song by the Lotts
Sneaking out of the cabin and throwing "flowers" (fireworks) into the pond--they sounded like gremlins :o)
The musical instrument song (the clarinet, the clarinet goes dua-dua-dua-dua-det...) by the Lotts
"Oh, Boy, I've got Joy" by Uncle Guy & Aunt Patty's kids
The Worm Song
Down in the Diving Bell (Biggs' family song)
Harmon (Herman?) the Worm--with Cabbage Patch Dolls by Elisa and Becky
Three Blue Buzzards, also by Elisa and Becky (I love the dead tree!)
Book of Remembrance (we got a dollar from grandma and she always had a new story or word puzzle or something to add to it)
Quilt Raffles
Water skiing and tubing (they tried to throw me off the tube, so Aunt Donna could get a picture, but I held on tight!)
Rope swing
This year we got to go to my Uncle Scott and Aunt D'Anna's mountain! They have about 35 acres of land, 2 acres of lawn (where we pitched our tents), a pond where we swam, went canoeing, and fishing, an island where we did family photos, an "Ewok Village" with rope swings, tire swings and monkey bridges. They held the annual "Clifford Leroy Sheets Memorial Golf Tournament", mountain biking led by Darrin, nightly movies on a giant screen, and of course, wonderful food prepared by Uncle J'Earl and Aunt Donna. The reunion took place over the 4th of July, so we had a wonderful Independence Day program, complete with a Flag Ceremony, National Anthem (they did a beautiful job singing), a duet by my cousins, Emily and Nate, a "fireworks" display put on by the kids and a bunch of neon glowing things (necklaces and bracelets) and more.
The annual talent show was a lot of fun, too. I think the most memorable "talent" was the "I Am a Biggs Cousin" song (similar to the "Trouble Maker" song. We each got to do a verse for Grandma and Grandpa Biggs and each of the Aunts and Uncles. My kids were singing it as we packed up the tent and drove away from the reunion. It was really fun...we may need to make it a tradition!
I have so many fun memories of family reunions! I am so grateful for Eternal Families!
Thursday, July 10, 2008
"Get Hooked On Family"
Posted by Stop and smell the Daisies at 10:09 AM
Labels: cousins, Family, Independence Day, memories, reunion, Talent show
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
It sounds like a successful reunion! Thanks for the details. We are so glad you had such a great time.
That sounds like so much fun. I have a many fond memories of reunions growing up. Like the time my cousin wanted to squeeze throught the fence to get into the pool, and got his head stuck. It was quite the spectacle. I miss those. we don't do those anymore. I am so glad that you guys all still get together. It's just priceless.
The reunion sounds like it was so much fun! I am really hoping that we will be able to make it to next year's reunion. :)
Post a Comment