CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Love & Adoration

WOW! It's been over a month! I really do have things happening in my life, and a couple of times I thought, "Oh, I should blog about this!" But I didn't take the time. Journals are so important, so we don't forget about all the wonderful things that happen in our lives, and then life just seems to pass us by.

Well, yesterday I had a wonderful time at "BOO! at the Zoo" with Sunshine. It was nice to have some one-on-one time with her. I loved seeing her excitement as she rode the Conservation Carousel. You would have thought it was the most exciting thing in the world! It made me realize that everything we go through with them is worth it (including her cutting her own hair, just a few hours after we got home)...just to see the joy on their faces when the simplest thing goes right for them. I have a special place in my heart for Sunshine...maybe it's because she is the middle child and gets pounded on from both sides (Bug is always hitting her and Buttercup just wants her to go away), so I often take her with me when I go shopping or run other errands. She is so sweet and tender hearted. I really love her. The other day someone recognized that adoration I have for her. It surprised me to have this lady comment on it. She got choked up as she described seeing me look at Sunshine with a look that displayed so much love and adoration. I don't remember the specific incident, but I am happy to know my love for Sunshine shows.

Now, don't get me wrong, I have a special place in my heart for each of my children. They each make me smile and I'm sure that I give them those same looks of affection and adoration. Each one has special qualities and abilities that cause me to be in awe of them and wonder what special place or mission they may have in this life.

Buttercup is becoming more and more independent (not always to our delight). She is becoming a beautiful, intelligent, young woman. Yesterday (after BOO! at the Zoo), there was a Mother's luncheon put on by her Activity Day group. For about a month they have been planning this and Buttercup was on the decorating committee. She had a stack of paper on which she was drawing out ideas for how to set up the room, where to place the tables and what type of center pieces to have on the tables. They did a beautiful job! Then, during the luncheon, she was up, running the music and making sure that the food was where it should be, getting the drinks poured out and making sure things were ready for desert. I was so impressed with her. It's hard to believe she is growing up so fast! When I worked with the Activity Day girls, Buttercup was among the youngest. Now, she is among the oldest and it was kind of a surprise to me. When she made the comment about one of her school friends being excited because she gets to go to Young Women's now, that's when it hit me...my little girl is growing up!

Bug is just so fun to watch as he learns and grows. I love to hear him giggle and learn new words. He is SO enamored with cars! When we take walks, he points out every car along the way for us to tell him what kind of car it is. The other day he walked right into someone's back yard, because he had to touch each car and one led him to another, right into the back yard where there were 3 more, and of couse, he had to touch each one! Last week I came to the conclusion that I need to take Bug for walks (much like my friends who have dogs), after he disappeared and was found down the street, around the corner. I was at the library and my hubby calls. "You have to come home right now! I can't find Bug!" I left my bag of books I was about to check out on the counter and raced home to find hubby and Bug sitting in the driveway. A neighbor from church had seen him and said to her husband, "that's the little Sonntag boy, but I don't see any big Sonntag's with him." She thought it wouldn't look too good if she put him in her car, so she walked him home, asking him where his mommy and daddy were, and he just pointed out every car along the way. Apparently we need to keep the door locked and the gate closed at ALL TIMES! Thank goodness for good neighbors!

Well, hopefully I will be better about blogging, not only so that you can keep up with my life, but so I can, too!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Buttercup mentioned in our class last week that her prayers were answered concerning your missing Bug. I thought it was really neat that she knew that she should pray for help.

Camille said...

You are such a good mom and it emulates through your blog as well!

Thank goodness for good neighbors! I'm glad she found Bug and brought him safely home.

I have a question: Are those the real names of your kids are are they nicknames?

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful post!
That must have been so scary when Bug was missing...I have lost a child before and it is the most awful feeling in the world. What a blessing that your neighbor saw him and led him safely home.

Kristi said...

oh man! That is so scary when a child wanders off. I now can understand why my mom stopped going anywhere with us after giving her heartattacks when we would hide from her under the racks of clothes. Isn't that awful!? My mom just laughs whenever I tell her any story that happens in our family, she is so happy that my children are just like I was. Pay back.